• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

Fox News

California

TNTeenager
I'm surprised to see Reuters so far behind Associated Press. I thought they would be similar.

And I'm surprised to see CNN so high. I rarely watch them, only if some link points to something I'm interested in. Their approach seems 'shotgun', shout about everything relevant and irrelevant.

Breitbart and OAN are where I expected them, not considered trustworthy by most.

What's missing here is the news aggregators, Google News and Yahoo News in particular, who post links to the primary news sources all day. They thereby influence what the public considers important.

And I would include Reddit as an aggregator. Individuals post a huge quantity of links to news they consider important. Generally the comments that follow, help illuminate an issue. (Mixed in with a lot of juvenile nonsense that you need to wade through). Many times the comments are from someone closer to an issue than the reporter who wrote the article that was linked to!

California

TNTeenager

"What it’s not is a source of “news” — at least not by any normal definition.
... fascinating new study in which arch-conservative Fox TV viewers were paid to watch CNN for a month.
... when these Fox viewers watched CNN, they heard about all sorts of things Fox wasn’t telling them. They processed that information. They took it in. They became more knowledgeable about what was really going on in the United States.
The experiment didn’t change their political preferences. But it slightly altered their perceptions of certain key issues and political candidates."

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

... fascinating new study in which arch-conservative Fox TV viewers were paid to watch CNN for a month.
... when these Fox viewers watched CNN, they heard about all sorts of things Fox wasn’t telling them. They processed that information. They took it in. They became more knowledgeable about what was really going on in the United States.
The experiment didn’t change their political preferences. But it slightly altered their perceptions of certain key issues and political candidates."
So .. how many KEPT watching Chicken Noodle Newz?

Considering CNN's ratings .. not many ..they are consistently beaten .. by Barney & Friends .. reruns.

IMG_2610.jpg

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month

and you're so blinded not to see that if the opposite study was done the same outcome wouldn't be the same?

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
I did post the ratings. If you're watching Barney the Dinosaur for the opinions you post here, that's irrelevant to the news ratings I posted.
What you posted has nothing to do with how many people are watching what network i.e. "the ratings". Try again. Obviously .. you won't .. because the results blow up your narrative.

BTW .. You .. should really consider firing GAYtor as your post writer?

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth
What you posted has nothing to do with how many people are watching what network i.e. "the ratings". Try again. Obviously .. you won't .. because the results blow up your narrative.

BTW .. You .. should really consider firing GAYtor as your post writer?
He unlike you does not have Trump as a puppet master that controls him so he has no need for a post writer.

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
CNN is like Biden .. on the wrong side of EVERY issue.

If it's on CNN .. it likely untrue.

CNN's long history of pushing disinformation, here are five examples