• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

Go Green

Dftodd

TNTeenager
I don't have an issue with going green. They have come along way with battery operated equipment.

But in certain areas, I think they took it to an extreme.

Some cities have banned the use of gas powered lawn and garden equipment inside city limits. This includes mowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, saws, ext...

This includes commercial endeavors such as your landscapers.

Personally if I was one of those landscapers, either prices would double to cover me having to update equipment, or I simply wouldn't do business in that area. Not to mention the logistics of charging batteries.

What do ya'll think??

Molalla1

TNTeenager
I don't have an issue with going green. They have come along way with battery operated equipment.

But in certain areas, I think they took it to an extreme.

Some cities have banned the use of gas powered lawn and garden equipment inside city limits. This includes mowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, saws, ext...

This includes commercial endeavors such as your landscapers.

Personally if I was one of those landscapers, either prices would double to cover me having to update equipment, or I simply wouldn't do business in that area. Not to mention the logistics of charging batteries.

What do ya'll think??
Well, I certainly would not live there.

Dftodd

TNTeenager
Well, I certainly would not live there.
I was shocked. The city is Burlington Vermont. Was talking to a buddy last week and he mentioned it. That state was going granola when I moved away, but didn't realize they flew past the hippy stage and went straight to loony toon.

Apparently the beef was over noise. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Dftodd

TNTeenager
The Greenies still have no clue .. where the power to charge the batteries .. comes from ...

View attachment 12178
That is so true. I wouldn't be apposed to an electric vehicle. But two things have happen first.

They need to be able to be charged on existing power networks. I/E, be able to run an extension cord from an existing outlet in the garage or the outside of the home and plug the car in.

That $5,000 plus to add a charging station to your home is tough to swallow. And that's if you don't have to upgrade power from the pole or further to handle the extra the extra load for the charging station.

The second is to get the cost of batteries down or improve the longevity to 20 years instead of the current 13 Years.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
That is so true. I wouldn't be apposed to an electric vehicle. But two things have happen first.

They need to be able to be charged on existing power networks. I/E, be able to run an extension cord from an existing outlet in the garage or the outside of the home and plug the car in.

That $5,000 plus to add a charging station to your home is tough to swallow. And that's if you don't have to upgrade power from the pole or further to handle the extra the extra load for the charging station.

The second is to get the cost of batteries down or improve the longevity to 20 years instead of the current 13 Years.
The Greenies .. don't think of things like that ....

Dftodd

TNTeenager
The Greenies .. don't think of things like that ....
Neither does the president or his advisors. They make it sound like rainbows and unicorn farts, but never once took into account the logistics of the goal.

Most infrastructure needs to be updated to handle the additional load. If not there will be rolling blackouts across the country.

What happens when there is a mass power outage across the state after a natural disaster?

The bulk of the power plants are either coal or natural gas plants. With the occasional Nuclear power plant thrown in.

Solar and wind only do so much. And those big wind turbines still require an engine to get them spinning.

Is every house gonna get a charging station? We all are gonna pay for it one way or another.

What about rental properties? Is it the landlords expense, or the renters to add the charging station.

Can you imagine what the outcome would be at a large apartment complex over the charging stations??? Someone will get shot, stabbed, or beat up.

Molalla1

TNTeenager
Neither does the president or his advisors. They make it sound like rainbows and unicorn farts, but never once took into account the logistics of the goal.

Most infrastructure needs to be updated to handle the additional load. If not there will be rolling blackouts across the country.

What happens when there is a mass power outage across the state after a natural disaster?

The bulk of the power plants are either coal or natural gas plants. With the occasional Nuclear power plant thrown in.

Solar and wind only do so much. And those big wind turbines still require an engine to get them spinning.

Is every house gonna get a charging station? We all are gonna pay for it one way or another.

What about rental properties? Is it the landlords expense, or the renters to add the charging station.

Can you imagine what the outcome would be at a large apartment complex over the charging stations??? Someone will get shot, stabbed, or beat up.
You forgot the PNW and it's hydro-power . . . but I concur it is a mess that we will have.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Molalla1

TNTeenager
Yes, people here forget that because of the abundance of water (hydropower) that is available here . . . but not so in a lot of places in our country . . . especially in the SW. Water also has its problem in places that people have decided to live (the desert)

Dftodd

TNTeenager
You forgot the PNW and it's hydro-power . . . but I concur it is a mess that we will have.
We have a couple hydro dams here in Arkansas, one nuclear, and the rest are coal or nat gas. Majority are nat gas. There have been a bunch of solar farms popping up. But a very small percentage for the state.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
No surprise here .... elect a Clown .. expect a Circus ...

Look at this news article from The Daily Caller: Biden’s Climate Czar May Have Inadvertently Revealed Deep Dysfunction In The Administration Biden’s Climate Czar May Have Inadvertently Revealed Deep Dysfunction In The Administration

“I can’t imagine a more tone-deaf, short-sighted decision that jeopardizes our economic and energy security without doing a single thing to help the environment or the American people,” said House Natural Resources Committee Ranking Member Bruce Westerman of Arkansas. “President Biden should call off his domestic energy attack dogs, put an actual commonsense plan in place, and for once try to make the situation better rather than Bidenizing it.”

Dftodd

TNTeenager
No surprise here .... elect a Clown .. expect a Circus ...

Look at this news article from The Daily Caller: Biden’s Climate Czar May Have Inadvertently Revealed Deep Dysfunction In The Administration Biden’s Climate Czar May Have Inadvertently Revealed Deep Dysfunction In The Administration

“I can’t imagine a more tone-deaf, short-sighted decision that jeopardizes our economic and energy security without doing a single thing to help the environment or the American people,” said House Natural Resources Committee Ranking Member Bruce Westerman of Arkansas. “President Biden should call off his domestic energy attack dogs, put an actual commonsense plan in place, and for once try to make the situation better rather than Bidenizing it.”
He's from Arkansas 😎😎😎😎 Calling the idiot an idiot 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Molalla1

TNTeenager
We have a couple hydro dams here in Arkansas, one nuclear, and the rest are coal or nat gas. Majority are nat gas. There have been a bunch of solar farms popping up. But a very small percentage for the state.
Do not your hydro dams get their power from water?

Dftodd

TNTeenager
We fired the orange clown and his circus that the world openly laughed at.

We hired a leader who has worked to re-gain respect of the world.
Dude...... Sleepy Joe's the laughing stock. What has he done to ease the transition to "Green".

Have there been steps taken to improve infrastructure?

Where's the nearest public charging station to your home? Do you know of any? Can you drive comfortably cross country without having to carry your generator in the truck of your electric car to keep from getting stranded?

Did any of his mandates put into place make our current situation better?

Does he actually have a plan?

Seems like his current goal is just to tank the economy.

Molalla1

TNTeenager
Dude...... Sleepy Joe's the laughing stock. What has he done to ease the transition to "Green".

Have there been steps taken to improve infrastructure?

Where's the nearest public charging station to your home? Do you know of any? Can you drive comfortably cross country without having to carry your generator in the truck of your electric car to keep from getting stranded?

Did any of his mandates put into place make our current situation better?

Does he actually have a plan?

Seems like his current goal is just to tank the economy.
Not to mention our southern boarder . . .