• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

I'm back.

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
I went into the hospital on November 17 to have fluid drained from my chest cavity, it was preventing my lungs from expanding and I was having a great deal of difficulty breathing; and they drained approx. 2 1/2 - 3 liters of fluid. While in there they discovered I have Stage Four cancer. I've lost a lot of weight, down to 185 lbs now from 235 when I first went into the hospital. Most of that is muscle mass. I' ll have to work on getting a lot of that back now.

I am not impressed in the least with the majority of the doctors that looked after me. :mad:

OTOH, I am super impressed with the nurses and all the other personnel that worked in the hospital from the janitorial service on up.

btw lcr…to answer your question of "Who cares?"... just decent people care...

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
I went into the hospital on November 17 to have fluid drained from my chest cavity, it was preventing my lungs from expanding and I was having a great deal of difficulty breathing; and they drained approx. 2 1/2 - 3 liters of fluid. While in there they discovered I have Stage Four cancer. I've lost a lot of weight, down to 185 lbs now from 235 when I first went into the hospital. Most of that is muscle mass. I' ll have to work on getting a lot of that back now.

I am not impressed in the least with the majority of the doctors that looked after me. :mad:

OTOH, I am super impressed with the nurses and all the other personnel that worked in the hospital from the janitorial service on up.

You've been a pretentious prick .. since TNT started .. but now want sympathy?

Dftodd

TNTeenager

Is there anyway you can seek a second opinion from someone else?

Not sure how your Canadian system works.

When mom got diagnosed with leukemia, the local hospital gave her 6 months and told her to go home and get her affairs in order.

She sought a second opinion from the university hospital 3 hrs away.

They told her they weren't sure what the locals were smoking. But her condition was very treatable and manageable. She had chemo every 4th week for a week solid. For 11 months.

It's been in remission for 12 years now.

The chemo effected everyone differently. Mom had a form of survivors guilt over her treatment. The chemo didn't bother her, other then taking all the color from her hair. She sat around knitting, going for walks around the floor, and goofing around on her laptop.

She felt horrible about feeling fine while her neighbors were extremely sick from the treatment.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
Pretentious pricks change their names on internet forums. I've never once changed my name on any forum and I have used my name - Mace Canute - here and on TBN since they opened.

Just saying...
Your boy Stephanie .. changed his how many times? I changed mine ONCE .. because of Stephanie.

Just saying ..

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Is there anyway you can seek a second opinion from someone else?

Not sure how your Canadian system works.

When mom got diagnosed with leukemia, the local hospital gave her 6 months and told her to go home and get her affairs in order.

She sought a second opinion from the university hospital 3 hrs away.

They told her they weren't sure what the locals were smoking. But her condition was very treatable and manageable. She had chemo every 4th week for a week solid. For 11 months.

It's been in remission for 12 years now.

The chemo effected everyone differently. Mom had a form of survivors guilt over her treatment. The chemo didn't bother her, other then taking all the color from her hair. She sat around knitting, going for walks around the floor, and goofing around on her laptop.

She felt horrible about feeling fine while her neighbors were extremely sick from the treatment.
Thanks. I don't think there is a possibility of a "second opinion" since a plethora of doctors have seen my case already and our health system is significantly different from the US's.

Dftodd

TNTeenager
Thanks. I don't think there is a possibility of a "second opinion" since a plethora of doctors have seen my case already and our health system is significantly different from the US's.
I kinda figured that was the case. It might be expensive here. But at least there are options.

Good luck with it.