Is the USA a racist country?

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery

A teacher in North Carolina has resigned after telling Black students in her class that they would be her “field slaves” if not for the Constitution—one of several recent racist incidents at the charter school, according to a parent.
In September, the eighth-grade English teacher at Winterville Charter Academy, near Greenville, had Black students raise their hands on Constitution Day and told them that they would be her “field slaves” without the founding document.

That teacher is not only a racist but also very incredibly stupid if she thinks the Constitution prevented anyone from being forced into slavery...
I'll bet this teacher voted for Trump in the last election and still believes he won.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager

A teacher in North Carolina has resigned after telling Black students in her class that they would be her “field slaves” if not for the Constitution—one of several recent racist incidents at the charter school, according to a parent.
In September, the eighth-grade English teacher at Winterville Charter Academy, near Greenville, had Black students raise their hands on Constitution Day and told them that they would be her “field slaves” without the founding document.

That teacher is not only a racist but also very incredibly stupid if she thinks the Constitution prevented anyone from being forced into slavery...
‘The 13th Amendment to the US Constitution.

“Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.".

From the information that has been provided it does appear on it face her comments where racist. On the other side of the coin though if she was teaching a course on protection afforded us as citizens of the United States she was spot on.

Even if the above is true, she used extremely poor words choice by interjecting herself into the discussion to illustrate her point.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Good discussion. Again....I understand your point and agree....history should be reviewed and....I would add....truthfully told to our kids in our schools....fact is.....we have lied about our history throughout the years.......the all men are created equal stuff is white man propaganda......we have mistreated many people.....particulary the black people.......many on the right want to continue the practice to remain in power.
Why are you not able to have a like discussion with others who don't sing the same dems are always great song?

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Good discussion. Again....I understand your point and agree....history should be reviewed and....I would add....truthfully told to our kids in our schools....fact is.....we have lied about our history throughout the years.......the all men are created equal stuff is white man propaganda......we have mistreated many people.....particulary the black people.......many on the right want to continue the practice to remain in power.
‘Don’t know about, “All men are created equal stuff being white man propaganda unless you are saying God is a white man.”

Seventy statements attributed to God on all are created equally.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
‘The 13th Amendment to the US Constitution.

“Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th amendment abolished slavery in the United States and provides that "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.".

From the information that has been provided it does appear on it face her comments where racist. On the other side of the coin though if she was teaching a course on protection afforded us as citizens of the United States she was spot on.

Even if the above is true, she used extremely poor words choice by interjecting herself into the discussion to illustrate her point.

From the article:

Your Constitution day is September 17 because on September 17, 1787, your Founding Fathers signed the U.S. Constitution. That's over 75 years before the 13 Amendment was added to it.

I seriously doubt "she was teaching a course on protection afforded us as citizens of the United States" to eighth-graders and I believe she was just making an off the cuff comment to the class about your Constitution...a very racist comment at that.

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
‘Don’t know about, “All men are created equal stuff being white man propaganda unless you are saying God is a white man.”

Seventy statements attributed to God on all are created equally.

Christians have for centuries upon centuries treated non Christians as lessers...it's only if you were a Christian were you treated as an equal.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Only in Texas…….

“The Texas Carroll school board reprimanded a fourth-grade teacher who had kept a copy of “This Book Is Anti-Racist” by Tiffany Jewell in her classroom library following complaints from a mother who said the book violated her family’s “morals and faith.” She had also complained about how the teacher responded to her concerns.”

Who would ever think they would see the day when a Families Morals and Faith would result in a School Teacher being reprimanded?

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
Only in Texas…….

“The Texas Carroll school board reprimanded a fourth-grade teacher who had kept a copy of “This Book Is Anti-Racist” by Tiffany Jewell in her classroom library following complaints from a mother who said the book violated her family’s “morals and faith.” She had also complained about how the teacher responded to her concerns.”

Who would ever think they would see the day when a Families Morals and Faith would result in a School Teacher being reprimanded?

Texans are REALLY fukked up! :rolleyes:

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
Only in Texas…….

I wish I had a kid in her class....I would claim the same thing and demand that she remove her bible from the classroom.......

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month