• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

Rittenhouse

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth
I looked and could not find a thread on Rittenhouse.

The Jury has been out three days and the trial by mob action continues outside the Courthouse.

I figure when a verdict is reached by the jurors a lot of posts will be being made so we need a thread to put them.

Wingn

Regular
Rittenhouse apparently broke no law in Wisconsin and the jury agreed. That is very good for him, his family and those who follow chairman mao’s belief that power comes from the barrel of a gun.

I don’t particularly care one way or the other about this outcome. I am bemused that the law in Wisconsin is fine with the idea of under age vigilantes patrolling the street with loaded fire arms. If the police are not up to the task of dealing with rioters, then that is the discussion to have.

I can see no way that Rittenhouse’s actions contained the riots or encouraged peace and tranquillity. I suspect if he hadn’t been there with his borrowed rifle then the only difference would have been that three people wouldn’t have been shot with two deaths.

I realise this is easy for me to say from the other side of the world where riots are managed for better or worse by the police and carrying firearms in a public place is severely restricted.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month
You are right Wingn . . . you have no idea . . .
Yes, this was very difficult to understand with outsiders not understanding why our law enforcement would let these hoodlums riot and then only get the anti gun biased medias opinion of this stupid kid.

Wingn

Regular
You are right Wingn . . . you have no idea . . .
Maybe not. However I still fail to see what good could come from armed kids getting mixed up in a riot.

Leaving to one side the rights or wrongs of gun ownership. Surely neither rittenhouse nor the enabler who gave him the gun would be considered responsible gun owners.

Just to be clear I have no skin in the game. If the United States is ok with high levels of gun ownership and is happy with high levels of gun usage that is absolutely nothing to do with me. In times gone by I found it strangely reassuring walking around a Walmart in Dayton, Ohio and seeing guns and ammunition on sale.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month
Maybe not. However I still fail to see what good could come from armed kids getting mixed up in a riot.

Leaving to one side the rights or wrongs of gun ownership. Surely neither rittenhouse nor the enabler who gave him the gun would be considered responsible gun owners.

Just to be clear I have no skin in the game. If the United States is ok with high levels of gun ownership and is happy with high levels of gun usage that is absolutely nothing to do with me. In times gone by I found it strangely reassuring walking around a Walmart in Dayton, Ohio and seeing guns and ammunition on sale.
Just my opinion, most Americans are fine with lawful ownership and the stats prove that the VAST majority of lawful gun owners are responsible owners and NEVER commit any crime.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Likely .. you formed your opinions, of this case from listening to the Left Wing Main Stream Media. Had you not followed CNN, MSNBC, and the other usual suspects .. you'd probably have a different point of view. The one you're describing is .. far from factual.

Wingn

Regular
Just my opinion, most Americans are fine with lawful ownership and the stats prove that the VAST majority of lawful gun owners are responsible owners and NEVER commit any crime.
You may well be right. In much the same way the vast majority of drivers don’t run stop lights, drive on the wrong side of the road or drive while drunk and kill passers by. It has, however, proven useful to have some rules regulating driving.

Wingn

Regular
Likely .. you formed your opinions, of this case from listening to the Left Wing Main Stream Media. Had you not followed CNN, MSNBC, and the other usual suspects .. you'd probably have a different point of view. The one you're describing is .. far from factual.
I try to get a balance. I read what Tucker Carson has to say on this particular case as well as reading some American mainstream media , Foxnews and the non American coverage.

You say my comments about the case are far from factual - how so? As I understand it he walked down the street armed with a rifle. He had reason to suppose he was being threatened by three people one of whom was armed with a sidearm. He shot and killed two of them and shot and wounded the third. The rifle he was using didn’t belong to him. He felt that his presence was necessary because his father lived nearby. None of this changes my opinion that if he hadn’t been there, armed with a rifle, three people would not have been shot.

MC

Administrator
Staff member
There are no winners in this case. It was an entirely preventable tragedy.

Personally I think the adage "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is fitting here. Two guys lost their lives, and other will live the rest of his being defined by that night.

I'm not one who wants public executions but also feel that there must be some evolution of our ideas as a nation that led to fellow Americans rioting and engaging in a deadly altercation. In a certain light, showing up with weapons is an escalation toward self-fulfilling self-defense which is about how I would describe this kid's actions.

As for the others, you've got to be a real sharp one to not only head out to the streets to riot, but go anywhere near a guy with a rifle around his shoulder. They were all looking for trouble and they found it.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
There are no winners in this case. It was an entirely preventable tragedy.

Personally I think the adage "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" is fitting here. Two guys lost their lives, and other will live the rest of his being defined by that night.

I'm not one who wants public executions but also feel that there must be some evolution of our ideas as a nation that led to fellow Americans rioting and engaging in a deadly altercation. In a certain light, showing up with weapons is an escalation toward self-fulfilling self-defense which is about how I would describe this kid's actions.

As for the others, you've got to be a real sharp one to not only head out to the streets to riot, but go anywhere near a guy with a rifle around his shoulder. They were all looking for trouble and they found it.
" It was an entirely preventable tragedy."

Absolutely. Had the local law enforcement not had their hands tied .. by local and state government .. this probably wouldn't have gotten out of control. The rioting, looting, arson started August 23rd ..two days before these tragic events occurred. This was NEVER A PROTEST .. it was a crime scene .. from day one. A bunch of turds, mostly NOT from Kenosha, used the Jacob Blake case as an excuse to pillage the city.

"but go anywhere near a guy with a rifle around his shoulder. "

There were dozen of rioters walking around with rifles, hand guns, rock, cent blocks, skateboards .. before Mr Rittenhouse even arrived in Kenosha. The difference is .. Rittenhouse wasn't rioting, looting, or setting business on fire.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month
I'm not understanding the black communities anger in this verdict.

Any damage or people being harmed as a result of the verdict is largely on the hands of the main stream media.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal: Liberal media fumes over verdict