• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

Rittenhouse

California

TNTeenager
I notice that you didn't bother to quote or refute the parts of my post where I stated why I believe BLM does support a general sense of lawlessness, which would include looting, so I don't think there is any point in repeating myself.

The general NRA mantra is that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, and here is a program that supports that approach. I'm confident that you would not be pleased with it.
So arm the teachers?

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth
So arm the teachers?
I can visualize the holly h e l l that would be raised when a teacher shoots Little Johnnie for waving his mom and pop purchased and supplied Glock around he school room. In NC this week one kid had his supply of Mary Jane and a AK-47 Pistol with a 30 round magazine with him on the School Bus on the way to school. Mom and Pop would be hollering along with the community lock her/him up they should have held a prayer session instead of shooting him/her.

Teachers are saying the year away from the classroom with 24 hour a day 7 days a week parental supervision with no mellowing outside influences radicalized some students.

Last edited:

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Another point of view;

"Despite complaints from anti-gun activists, there are many good reasons for continuing to keep this information confidential:

Releasing the information serves no useful purpose. The Congressional Research Service has repeatedly said "firearm trace data may be biased" and "cannot be used to test for statistical significance between firearm traces in general and the wider population of firearms available to criminals or the wider American public.”[1] These limitations exist because the "tracing system is an operational system designed to help law enforcement agencies identify the ownership path of individual firearms. It was not designed to collect statistics."[2]
Traced guns aren’t always “crime guns”; firearms may be traced for reasons unrelated to any armed crime. The BATFE trace request form lists “crime codes” for traffic offenses and election law violations, among many others.
Trace information remains available for law enforcement use. The permanent version of the Tiahrt amendment ensures that trace data is available to federal, state, and local agencies "in connection with and for use in a bona fide criminal investigation or prosecution" or for use in administrative actions by BATFE—the principal agency responsible for overseeing the conduct of federally licensed firearms dealers. The language and history of the Gun Control Act are clear: Congress always intended to keep this information confidential, and to allow its use only for legitimate law enforcement purposes. The firearms trace database includes information such as the agency requesting a gun trace, the location from which the gun was recovered, and the identity of the dealer and original retail buyer.
Both BATFE and the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) oppose release of trace data. In fact, BATFE has fought for years in the federal courts to keep trace records confidential, because they contain information (such as names of gun buyers) that could jeopardize ongoing investigations—not to mention law enforcement officers’ lives. For example, a suspected gun trafficker could search publicly released information for names of "straw purchasers" he had used to buy handguns, or for traces requested on guns he had sold. That information could lead him to names of officers, informants and witnesses against his crimes. (View commentary by FOP President Chuck Canterbury from April 24, 2007)
NRA is committed to ensuring confidentiality of sensitive law enforcement information, and strongly opposes any effort to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment or any effort by the executive branch, or by state or local governments, to avoid its restrictions."

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
Nor does BLM support looters! That's a lying stereotype, a smear, pushed by Fox 'News' & friends, intended to 'keep them in their place' and skip over the valid concerns BLM wants to spotlight. The effect of centuries of slavery still casts a shadow on 21st century America, all are not equal yet. Imagine if Rittenhouse were black.

I haven't seen NRA propose a course of action that will reduce the number of school shootings that are done with high-capacity weapons. Have I missed something? Examples?

Oops!

"Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer Ariel Atkins went viral in early August for calling the looting of downtown stores a form of “reparations.” The statements were made in the wake of the Aug. 9 shooting of 20-year-old Latrell Allen by police in Englewood. Atkins showed support for the looters, cited anger as the reason for their actions and claimed that history has not been changed through peaceful protests."

"I will support the looters ’til the end of the day. If that’s what they need to do in order to eat, then that’s what you’ve got to do to eat,” she said of those who even tried to smash their way into a Ronald McDonald House caring for sick children and their families."

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
Nor does BLM support looters! That's a lying stereotype, a smear, pushed by Fox 'News' & friends, intended to 'keep them in their place' and skip over the valid concerns BLM wants to spotlight. The effect of centuries of slavery still casts a shadow on 21st century America, all are not equal yet. Imagine if Rittenhouse were black.

I haven't seen NRA propose a course of action that will reduce the number of school shootings that are done with high-capacity weapons. Have I missed something? Examples?
"school shootings that are done with high-capacity weapons."

Once again .. you blame the tool .. not the fool.

Christmas Parade participants .. murdered by speeding SUV.

No .. parade participants .. murdered by a lifelong criminal TURD .. driving same SUV .. he used to try to murder his child's Mother.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

"Imagine if Rittenhouse were black."

He would have not been charged .. in the first place.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
I can visualize the holly h e l l that would be raised when a teacher shoots Little Johnnie for waving his mom and pop purchased and supplied Glock around he school room. In NC this week one kid had his supply of Mary Jane and a AK-47 Pistol with a 30 round magazine with him on the School Bus on the way to school. Mom and Pop would be hollering along with the community lock her/him up they should have held a prayer session instead of shooting him/her.

Teachers are saying the year away from the classroom with 24 hour a day 7 days a week parental supervision with no mellowing outside influences radicalized some students.
"Teachers are saying the year away from the classroom with 24 hour a day 7 days a week parental supervision with no mellowing outside influences radicalized some students."

So .. which teachers are "saying" that?

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth
"Teachers are saying the year away from the classroom with 24 hour a day 7 days a week parental supervision with no mellowing outside influences radicalized some students."

So .. which teachers are "saying" that?
It definitely would not be anyone you would know, since you never went to school. :LOL::love:

If you want to play the he/she said now what do you say game join your number one and only News Source, Fox News. They play that game, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

drssg

Regular
Nor does BLM support looters!
Since you have previously stated that you have lostcreekranch on ignore, here is a relavent post from him showing a BLM organizer that disagrees with your opinion.

Oops!

"Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer Ariel Atkins went viral in early August for calling the looting of downtown stores a form of “reparations.” The statements were made in the wake of the Aug. 9 shooting of 20-year-old Latrell Allen by police in Englewood. Atkins showed support for the looters, cited anger as the reason for their actions and claimed that history has not been changed through peaceful protests."

"I will support the looters ’til the end of the day. If that’s what they need to do in order to eat, then that’s what you’ve got to do to eat,” she said of those who even tried to smash their way into a Ronald McDonald House carin

California

TNTeenager
Thanks for filling me in. I don't know much about BLM. What I think I'm seeing in these discussions is that anything not conservative is perceived as 'the opposite team' as if BLM and other radical organizations are some sort of leaders of a massive unified group. Looks to me more like BLM, Antifa, etc are a bunch of loons who have found one another but in no way are leaders of the whole non-conservative side of American politics. And - they are made relevant only because they are designated as such, by Fox etc. While if you ask ordinary Americans about them those who don't watch Fox will reply 'Who is that?"

We're always going to have loud extremists on both sides but remember, they speak only for themselves, not for the 'opposite team' as sometimes portrayed.

But getting back to the point - can someone describe a NRA response to school shooters that realistically works to lessen these disasters? Would smaller magazines - that don't seem to have any other purpose - help reduced the bloodshed? Any other ideas?

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month
Thanks for filling me in. I don't know much about BLM. What I think I'm seeing in these discussions is that anything not conservative is perceived as 'the opposite team' as if BLM and other radical organizations are some sort of leaders of a massive unified group. Looks to me more like BLM, Antifa, etc are a bunch of loons who have found one another but in no way are leaders of the whole non-conservative side of American politics. And - they are made relevant only because they are designated as such, by Fox etc. While if you ask ordinary Americans about them those who don't watch Fox will reply 'Who is that?"

We're always going to have loud extremists on both sides but remember, they speak only for themselves, not for the 'opposite team' as sometimes portrayed.

But getting back to the point - can someone describe a NRA response to school shooters that realistically works to lessen these disasters? Would smaller magazines - that don't seem to have any other purpose - help reduced the bloodshed? Any other ideas?
#1 Yet the Qanon gets called a Republican group.

#2 Why would NRA do anything to restrict our Constitutional rights? It's a law enforcement issue.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Already responded ..

Rittenhouse

Duh!

BTW .. it was YOU .. who claimed BLM does not support looting. Sorry to prove your narrative WRONG .. with facts.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
#1 Yet the Qanon gets called a Republican group.

#2 Why would NRA do anything to restrict our Constitutional rights? It's a law enforcement issue.
It's a TURD issue. Get the TURDS .. off the street .. problem solved.

A gun ..without a TURD .. is just a few pounds of steel.

An SUV .. without a TURD .. is just a vehicle.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Top Poster Of Month

Do you now admit your first paragraph is false?

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth

Dftodd

TNTeenager
Here's a link to a court podcast that covered the case pretty well. Lots of detail.

It's about three hours total. 1 link is part 1. Other link is part 2