So much for keeping pharmaceutical manufacturing in USA

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
Mylan shutting down and moving offshore.

Senator Manchin silent and Ghosting workers concerns,
and His daughter is all for it.

Biden should stop this.

Closing the Largest Generic Drug Plant in the US Is a Sick Joke

From your link:
Offshoring manufacturing doesn’t mean the drugs will become any cheaper, points out Shultz, “The company will make more money off making that medicine overseas, but they’re not going to charge us any less for it.”

Gotta love Capitalism...right?

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
From your link:
Offshoring manufacturing doesn’t mean the drugs will become any cheaper, points out Shultz, “The company will make more money off making that medicine overseas, but they’re not going to charge us any less for it.”

Gotta love Capitalism...right?
Very true Mace. Just look at textiles, furniture, automobiles, and a host of other things. The bottom line is MONEY. Board Members will all probably get fat bonus's for improving the bottom line. Look at the Retail Giant Wal-Mart, all the Walton's became billionaires by establishing manufacturing facilities in foreign countries and selling the products in the US.

Know where Apple products are made??? CHINA.

A lot of automobile/truck parts are made in China. I own a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ. I knew the truck was made/assembled in Mexico because The manufacture must attach the Country the vehicle was built or assembled in. I was surprised the first time I had it on my friend lifts and was looking around underneath and found the differential and a lot of other parts were stamped with Made In China.

Own a Cadillac? Look on the drivers door post and see if it does not say, Made In Canada.

Look for more and more companies to move offshore. Textile and Furniture and a host of other things moved because of mandated minimum wages. The minimum wage is now being set at $15.00 per hour. Capitalist Greed cannot stand for that.

455dan

Regular
Maybe Defense production act or??

US already found out what a bad idea it is to not be able to source critical drugs from fully inspected and certified sites in USA.
. how many times have foreign contaminants been found in the foreign pharmaceuticals.

Sounds like that plant has been profitable for the company and share holders and paid really good wages to the workers.

For Once their should be backing from both sides of the isle to stop this sale....

ps my truck is 18 years old and was also built in Mexico- when I saw the sticker was a bit surprised to.

Diggin_It!

Regular
Easy way to solve this.

If you choose to move production out of the US but want to continue to sell your product in the US, you must:

1. Continue to pay affected US workers their FULL wage and benefits for a minimum of five years.
  2. Pay your new foreign workers the same rate and benefits as the US workers you left behind (meaning you're effectively paying double the full rate).

If you choose not to comply, you may not import the product and you immediately forfeit any and all trademarks, patents and copyrights related to those products.

California

TNTeenager
I'm still amazed Romney made any progress at all as the Republican presidential candidate.

When he literally wrote the book on How To Offshore Your Company and earned much of his fortune leading companies through the process.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
I love the politicians who say...they will bring these jobs back home......they can't......all the factories are gone......the skilled workforce is gone.......benefits and wages are unaffordable.....heck...even fast food joints are going peopleless.....next time you do self checkout.....think about the checkers who used to do that for you......heck....we used to have guys in nice shirts and caps fill our cars with gas and clean your windows.....the world has changed......we're screwed.

455dan

Regular
I'm still amazed Romney made any progress at all as the Republican presidential candidate.

When he literally wrote the book on How To Offshore Your Company and earned much of his fortune leading companies through the process.
yep
remember back even farther when Ross Perot was running for president and during the debates with Bush senior and Clinton.
He flat out said if you go through with NAFTA style trade agreements the Giant sucking sound you hear will be all the good paying manufacturing jobs going south.