• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

So, politics IS good over there now?

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
You had to to get the first. Today you showed them that first card.
Depends .. on where you go.

Texas Department of State Health Services .. where me and fellow volunteer fire fighters .. got our 1st and 2nd vaccinations required photo ID both times.

My booster .. was at Walmart and they required ID even though I've known the pharmacy staff for 20+ years.

California

TNTeenager
No access at all.

I've been commenting that the current 'excess deaths' are related to Covid, some directly and some as a consequence of ER overload, no hospital beds available, etc. Much pushback from a few folks folks denying there is anything unusual going on and excess deaths doesn't mean anything. 'Just hypochondriacs'.

In particular someone posted that the Amish don't have excess deaths because they avoid modern medicine. In reply someone linked to a lightweight article in a religious publication that referenced a study, that had statistics showing Amish deaths have been up to double the number expected if they were indeed isolated from the general trend.

I posted a link to the table in that academic study, that showed the real numbers which added up to the excess over normal, for that community. Someone replied it was garbage and we should trust hunches instead of statistical studies by academics. More disputes after that.

I expect someone who was PO'd looked through all my old posts and found one where one of my paragraphs linked to an article (I didn't comment on it) which said nearly all hospital Covid deaths were unvaccinated, and, these hospital death rates tracked pretty close to linear with conservative voting patterns.

Nobody commented on that post at the time. But I expect that was was my post that was considered not Politically Correct by some moderator.

If not that, then I don't know. Anybody have a better idea?

Dftodd

TNTeenager
No access at all.

I've been commenting that the current 'excess deaths' are related to Covid, some directly and some as a consequence of ER overload, no hospital beds available, etc. Much pushback from a few folks folks denying there is anything unusual going on and excess deaths doesn't mean anything. 'Just hypochondriacs'.

In particular someone posted that the Amish don't have excess deaths because they avoid modern medicine. In reply someone linked to a lightweight article in a religious publication that referenced a study, that had statistics showing Amish deaths have been up to double the number expected if they were indeed isolated from the general trend.

I posted a link to the table in that academic study, that showed the real numbers which added up to the excess over normal, for that community. Someone replied it was garbage and we should trust hunches instead of statistical studies by academics. More disputes after that.

I expect someone who was PO'd looked through all my old posts and found one where one of my paragraphs linked to an article (I didn't comment on it) which said nearly all hospital Covid deaths were unvaccinated, and, these hospital death rates tracked pretty close to linear with conservative voting patterns.

Nobody commented on that post at the time. But I expect that was was my post that was considered not Politically Correct by some moderator.

If not that, then I don't know. Anybody have a better idea?
Not a clue. Onnce I saw your notice, I figured I would be in TBN timeout as well 😬😬😬 For what it's worth. I never noticed your "political" post.

I did notice a few others that were blatantly political. I wonder if they got timeout as well.

California

TNTeenager
After thinking about this some more, it occurred to me the ban for 'politics' was for my most recent post. One that I never thought could be considered partisan politics.

It was the last post on a page, in one of the two active Covid threads. A copy of a Facebook (or something) thread where a woman first ridicules Coronavirus. Then scrolling down, she has an oxygen mask and is pleading for prayers. I commented that this type would never think to ask for prayers for others.

Is that post still up? With the photo, and last post on a page, it should be noticeable if its still there.

The thread that I copied and linked, has now rolled off the Reddit front page but it was near identical to this Reddit post.

If showing concern for people catching Covid due to wilful ignorance is ban-able partisan politics ... I don't know what to say.

Dftodd

TNTeenager
After thinking about this some more, it occurred to me the ban for 'politics' was for my most recent post. One that I never thought could be considered partisan politics.

It was the last post on a page, in one of the two active Covid threads. A copy of a Facebook (or something) thread where a woman first ridicules Coronavirus. Then scrolling down, she has an oxygen mask and is pleading for prayers. I commented that this type would never think to ask for prayers for others.

Is that post still up? With the photo, and last post on a page, it should be noticeable if its still there.

The thread that I copied and linked, has now rolled off the Reddit front page but it was near identical to this Reddit post.

If showing concern for people catching Covid due to wilful ignorance is ban-able partisan politics ... I don't know what to say.
Was it in the covid thread that was locked in off topic?? If so, I just went back 150 pages and there isn't a single post from you in it at all.

This was your last post in the covid thread in rural living.

Screenshot_20220121-062945.jpg

Diggin_It!

Regular
People gripe about the 'Rona threads being locked, but they've essentially been told several times ... no 'Rona threads.

California

TNTeenager
Was it in the covid thread that was locked in off topic?? If so, I just went back 150 pages and there isn't a single post from you in it at all.

This was your last post in the covid thread in rural living.
[Typhoid Mary, in response to someone who said symptomless = harmless.]
Thanks for that research. Wow some moderator must be really PO'd.

People gripe about the 'Rona threads being locked, but they've essentially been told several times ... no 'Rona threads.
With Coronavirus affecting everyone's life at the moment!

This shouldn't be a divisive 'political' subject when the whole world is wondering how they can help slow the trend. Or at the minimum, personally avoid it.

Diggin_It!

Regular
With Coronavirus affecting everyone's life at the moment!

This shouldn't be a divisive 'political' subject when the whole world is wondering how they can help slow the trend. Or at the minimum, personally avoid it.
The topic isn't, but too many interject their opinions in the wrong ways.
Hay guy, too.
StrwaBoi has tempered much of his open talk, but tucks it into undertones.