• We will be this forum soon. Please save any content that you wish to preserve by July 5, 2022. Thank you.

Treasonous Sedition and an Act of War against the United States of America

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth
Another of your usual WHATABOUTS .. Dumbass?

The partisan J6 committee has been selectively leaking testimony .. since day one.

‘Not surprised that you rolled out WHATABOUTISM again.

History of Whataboutism.

“Soviet Union and Russia

Main article: And you are lynching Negroes

Edward Lucas's 2008 Economist article associated the tactic specifically with the Soviet Union, stating "Soviet propagandists during the cold war were trained in a tactic that their western interlocutors nicknamed 'whataboutism'. Any criticism of the Soviet Union (Afghanistan, martial law in Poland, imprisonment of dissidents, censorship) was met with a 'What about...' (apartheid South Africa, jailed trade-unionists, the Contras in Nicaragua, and so forth)." Lucas recommended two methods of properly countering whataboutism: to "use points made by Russian leaders themselves" so that they cannot be applied to the West, and for Western nations to engage in more self-criticism of their own media and government.[4]

Following the publication of Lucas's 2007 and 2008 articles and his 2008 book The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the West, which featured the same themes,[15] opinion writers at prominent English language media outlets began using the term and echoing the themes laid out by Lucas, including the association with the Soviet Union and Russia. Journalist Luke Harding described Russian whataboutism as "practically a national ideology".[16] Writing for Bloomberg News, Leonid Bershidsky called whataboutism a "Russian tradition",[17] while The New Yorker described the technique as "a strategy of false moral equivalences".[18] Julia Ioffe called whataboutism a "sacred Russian tactic",[19][20] and compared it to accusing the pot of calling the kettle black.[21]

Several articles connected whataboutism to the Soviet era by pointing to the "And you are lynching Negroes" example (as Lucas did), in which Soviets deflected criticism by referencing racism in the Jim Crow United States. Ioffe, who has written about whataboutism in at least three separate outlets,[22][20][23] called it a "classic" example of the tactic.[24] Some writers also identified more recent examples when Russian officials responded to critique by, for example, redirecting attention to the United Kingdom's anti-protest laws[25] or Russians' difficulty obtaining a visa to the United Kingdom.[26] In 2006, Putin replied to George W. Bush’s criticism of Russia that he "did not want to head a democracy like Iraq's."[27] In 2017 Ben Zimmer noted that Putin also used the tactic in an interview with NBC News journalist Megyn Kelly.[28]

The term receives increased attention when controversies involving Russia are in the news. For example, writing for Slate in 2014, Joshua Keating noted the use of "whataboutism" in a statement on Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea, where Putin "listed a litany of complaints about Western intervention.”

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
‘Not surprised that you rolled out WHATABOUTISM again.

History of Whataboutism.

“Soviet Union and Russia

Main article: And you are lynching Negroes

Edward Lucas's 2008 Economist article associated the tactic specifically with the Soviet Union, stating "Soviet propagandists during the cold war were trained in a tactic that their western interlocutors nicknamed 'whataboutism'. Any criticism of the Soviet Union (Afghanistan, martial law in Poland, imprisonment of dissidents, censorship) was met with a 'What about...' (apartheid South Africa, jailed trade-unionists, the Contras in Nicaragua, and so forth)." Lucas recommended two methods of properly countering whataboutism: to "use points made by Russian leaders themselves" so that they cannot be applied to the West, and for Western nations to engage in more self-criticism of their own media and government.[4]

Following the publication of Lucas's 2007 and 2008 articles and his 2008 book The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the West, which featured the same themes,[15] opinion writers at prominent English language media outlets began using the term and echoing the themes laid out by Lucas, including the association with the Soviet Union and Russia. Journalist Luke Harding described Russian whataboutism as "practically a national ideology".[16] Writing for Bloomberg News, Leonid Bershidsky called whataboutism a "Russian tradition",[17] while The New Yorker described the technique as "a strategy of false moral equivalences".[18] Julia Ioffe called whataboutism a "sacred Russian tactic",[19][20] and compared it to accusing the pot of calling the kettle black.[21]

Several articles connected whataboutism to the Soviet era by pointing to the "And you are lynching Negroes" example (as Lucas did), in which Soviets deflected criticism by referencing racism in the Jim Crow United States. Ioffe, who has written about whataboutism in at least three separate outlets,[22][20][23] called it a "classic" example of the tactic.[24] Some writers also identified more recent examples when Russian officials responded to critique by, for example, redirecting attention to the United Kingdom's anti-protest laws[25] or Russians' difficulty obtaining a visa to the United Kingdom.[26] In 2006, Putin replied to George W. Bush’s criticism of Russia that he "did not want to head a democracy like Iraq's."[27] In 2017 Ben Zimmer noted that Putin also used the tactic in an interview with NBC News journalist Megyn Kelly.[28]

The term receives increased attention when controversies involving Russia are in the news. For example, writing for Slate in 2014, Joshua Keating noted the use of "whataboutism" in a statement on Russia's 2014 annexation of Crimea, where Putin "listed a litany of complaints about Western intervention.”
You work so hard .. for your Soros pennies ... Dumbass.

Your above post .. has what to do with the subject of this thread?

FOCUS Dumbass ... FOCUS!

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth

FOCUS Dumbass ... FOCUS!
You made my rebuttal to your posting of this, "Another of your usual WHATABOUTS .. Dumbass?" a subset of the subject of this thread.

1650212561549.png

Now a question for you. Where is your office in this building?

Gator6x4

Blabbermouth

FOCUS Dumbass ... FOCUS!
Liar-Liar-Pants on fire.

Your handlers, the Russian troll factory operating under the name of, the Internet Research Agency must have cracked down on you and told you Ad Homemim's were not posts so you have started posting copy and paste articles.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
Liar-Liar-Pants on fire.

Your handlers, the Russian troll factory operating under the name of, the Internet Research Agency must have cracked down on you and told you Ad Homemim's were not posts so you have started posting copy and paste articles.

You having a mental breakdown today .. Dumbass??

California

TNTeenager
The moment that saved American democracy.
According to Tim Giebels, the lead agent inside of Pence's security on January 6, Pence repeatedly refused to be evacuated from the Capitol until the election results were certified.

"I'm not getting in the car, Tim," Pence said, in response to Giebels' insistence that he enter the armored vehicle. "I trust you, Tim, but you're not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I'm not getting in the car."
There it is. The MAGA Republicans in Congress had planned to end 200+ years of American democracy that afternoon. Pence refused to go along with it.

455dan

Regular
Time and time again I wish the insurrectionists had managed to grab Pence...
Been trying to stay away, but
the plot thickens with today's news ...

Pence knew what the Trump plan really was.

I thought he feared for his life, because the SS driver was not his own.

Now it comes out the SS head was fully in support of Trump and had Pence gotten in the car Trumps plan would have succeeded.

Pence would have been removed from the capitol

No certification would/could have taken place confirming the election.

I think more of Trump's plan ( following running Pence out of the Capitol) to stay in power will be laid bare soon.

Maybe Martial law?

edit to add

Jeffrey Clark installed as DOJ head to certify new "alternate" electors.
testifies and takes the Fifth over 100 times

Meadows, gets to Vote twice, and is now attempting to block his communications during the insurrection

and we have the Senators Sworn oath

solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter:

So help me God.

Last edited:

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
Been trying to stay away, but
the plot thickens with today's news ...

Pence knew what the Trump plan really was.

I thought he feared for his life, because the SS driver was not his own.

Now it comes out the SS head was fully in support of Trump and had Pence gotten in the car Trumps plan would have succeeded.

Pence would have been removed from the capitol

No certification would/could have taken place confirming the election.

I think more of Trump's plan ( following running Pence out of the Capitol) to stay in power will be laid bare soon.

Maybe Martial law?

edit to add

Jeffrey Clark installed as DOJ head to certify new "alternate" electors.
testifies and takes the Fifth over 100 times

Meadows, gets to Vote twice, and is now attempting to block his communications during the insurrection

and we have the Senators Sworn oath

solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter:

So help me God.

IMG_2596.GIF

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth