What Do You Think? - Think Your Stimulus Tax Dollars Are Being Spent Wisely?

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
What do you think? Do you think your stimulus tax dollars and increase in the National Deficit is being spent wisely?

California

TNTeenager
Pushing money out to consumers isn't nearly as bad as subsidizing cruise lines - That don't pay taxes, they register the ships overseas, and hire 100% overseas crews. This in effect hands huge profits to a few corporate owners, with no benefit to the US economy.

But much of the stimulus money will be used for infrastructure improvement. That is to everyone's benefit. Roads, water, making forests more fire-resistant, cleaner air, conversion to renewable energy, improved internet access for everyone. Those goals are all winners.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Pushing money out to consumers isn't nearly as bad as subsidizing cruise lines - That don't pay taxes, they register the ships overseas, and hire 100% overseas crews. This in effect hands huge profits to a few corporate owners, with no benefit to the US economy.

But much of the stimulus money will be used for infrastructure improvement. That is to everyone's benefit. Roads, water, making forests more fire-resistant, cleaner air, conversion to renewable energy, improved internet access for everyone. Those goals are all winners.
The infrastructure money is needed and will used as you stated, for roads, water, making forests more fire-resistant, cleaner air, conversion to renewable energy, improved internet access for everyone.

The individual stimulus money is another question. The individual stimulus money, 300 dollars per month for each child, 600 extra Federal dollars dollars of money in unemployment benefits, coupled with no rent or mortgage payments is the money that is fueling the Cruise Lines and booking beach vacation rentals solid.

Business can not hire people because they are taking cruises, and enjoying themselves at the beach.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
If you use stimulus money or federal funds for cruises....I say the cruise lines should offer free drinks as well.....fair is fair.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
If you use stimulus money or federal funds for cruises....I say the cruise lines should offer free drinks as well.....fair is fair.
‘Most sailing from US Ports are.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
‘Most sailing from US Ports are.

Well good! Those hard workin folks need a break!

California

TNTeenager
What do you think? Do you think your stimulus tax dollars and increase in the National Deficit is being spent wisely?

While week-long cruises are very effective Coronavirus incubators.

It's a conspiracy!

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
I don't think we are ready to chance being cooped up with that many people . . . (n)
But if they can keep the pandemic alive, the free money will continue. It appears a lot of people avoiding getting the Covid-19 vaccine are willing to bet there life or someone else’s life that “Free” money is more important than a life, theirs or someone else’s.

Look at the large number that are demanding money to take the vaccine. Can one even begin to comprehend such actions when the US and other nations were battling the poliovirus?

Molalla1

TNTeenager
But if they can keep the pandemic alive, the free money will continue. It appears a lot of people avoiding getting the Covid-19 vaccine are willing to bet there life or someone else’s life that “Free” money is more important than a life, theirs or someone else’s.

Look at the large number that are demanding money to take the vaccine. Can one even begin to comprehend such actions when the US and other nations were battling the poliovirus?
Well, I certainly remember battling the polio virus (knew a few that got it) my cousin being one, I hear they are going to give the Phizer vaccine full approval soon.

California

TNTeenager
Looking at the larger picture beyond this stimulus series:

The US economy is tending toward unsustainable. Jobs are being replaced by automation. Investors in the automation are getting unimaginably rich while those they put out of work have no alternatives to turn to, any job they might find will be at a minimum wage that hasn't increased in decades.

A figure I saw yesterday was if the increase in average wages matched the increase in housing prices, the average house would cost $70,000. This is unsustainable.

I don't know if everyone see how many homeless have migrated to San Francisco, Los Angeles, every town in California but they are everywhere. I suppose in other cities as well. These aren't all crazed druggies, many were minimum wage earners whose jobs disappeared while their rental was sold to investors who doubled their rent. They literally have no alternatives available.

Looks to me that some sort of guaranteed minimum income - detached from work, just an entitlement like what Alaskans have from their state oil leases - is the only thing that can prevent more and more Americans from falling out of the middle class.

In the past taxes on corporations were a major part of federal revenue, this has shifted to where now it is the employees of the corporations who pay most of the taxes.

Corporations are artificial 'persons' with rights and responsibilities defined by law. There is no reason why they shouldn't be taxed so that investors pay much of the cost of carrying the people who were let go as automation eliminated their jobs.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
Looking at the larger picture beyond this stimulus series:

The US economy is tending toward unsustainable. Jobs are being replaced by automation. Investors in the automation are getting unimaginably rich while those they put out of work have no alternatives to turn to, any job they might find will be at a minimum wage that hasn't increased in decades.

A figure I saw yesterday was if the increase in average wages matched the increase in housing prices, the average house would cost $70,000. This is unsustainable.

I don't know if everyone see how many homeless have migrated to San Francisco, Los Angeles, every town in California but they are everywhere. I suppose in other cities as well. These aren't all crazed druggies, many were minimum wage earners whose jobs disappeared while their rental was sold to investors who doubled their rent. They literally have no alternatives available.

Looks to me that some sort of guaranteed minimum income - detached from work, just an entitlement like what Alaskans have from their state oil leases - is the only thing that can prevent more and more Americans from falling out of the middle class.

In the past taxes on corporations were a major part of federal revenue, this has shifted to where now it is the employees of the corporations who pay most of the taxes.

Corporations are artificial 'persons' with rights and responsibilities defined by law. There is no reason why they shouldn't be taxed so that investors pay much of the cost of carrying the people who were let go as automation eliminated their jobs.
Good post...I totally agree with you unfortunately. Guaranteed min. income is coming.......it will be the only way middle income and poor folks will survive.