Why Are The Red States Renters (Republican) The Ones Not Paying The Rent?

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
The Republican Supreme Court just made a ruling that is going to adversely impact a lot of Republicans.

"The states with the highest share of people behind on rent were in the South, including Mississippi which led the nation with 29% of its rental population behind (157,000 renters), followed by South Carolina at 28% (265,000) and Georgia at 24% (563,000)."

Here’s Where Renters Appear Most At Risk With Eviction Moratorium Overturned (forbes.com)

Molalla1

TNTeenager
Oregon has a temporary band on evictions . . . my daughter has two out of 3 renters not paying (dad to the rescue).

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Oregon has a temporary band on evictions . . . my daughter has two out of 3 renters not paying (dad to the rescue).

What if she was like a friend of mine. Wanting to sell while the housing market is hot and get out of the rental business. He can't evict the dead beats who are destroying the property which is forcing him to make repairs or be charged.

He advises the quickest way to get to purgatory today is have a rental property.

Molalla1

TNTeenager
What if she was like a friend of mine. Wanting to sell while the housing market is hot and get out of the rental business. He can't evict the dead beats who are destroying the property which is forcing him to make repairs or be charged.

He advises the quickest way to get to purgatory today is have a rental property.
I still have some rental properties commercial and residential . . . fortunately I have had zero problems . . . and mine are paid for . . . I'm just going to keep them and let my kids have fun with them. :LOL:

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
I still have some rental properties commercial and residential . . . fortunately I have had zero problems . . . and mine are paid for . . . I'm just going to keep them and let my kids have fun with them. :LOL:
I would say you have been lucky. HAP Payments are mostly Direct Deposit. Renters receiving HAP money stopped paying the rent with it and have been using it for other things. Huge Rental Bills accumulated during the Moratorium and they are now wanting the Rental Money which they received from the Federal Government to be a gift and they not have to pay any back rent.

The recent Supreme Court Decision is forcing the Sheik To Hit The PAM. A lot of people in RED STATES are going to be screaming and hollering look what that S O B Biden did to me.

Housing Assistance Payment Check Processing - Owner Processes | Santa Clara County Housing Authority

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
Anybody who has received money to pay their rent and is NOT paying it, should not be covered by any non eviction mandate...that's not what the mandate was meant for. Same goes for anybody who is capable of paying their rent and isn't...

That's the problem with so very many politicians...they just don't think things through...if you are going to give them X amount of money sufficient to live on, there's no need for a non eviction mandate.

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
Anybody who has received money to pay their rent and is NOT paying it, should not be covered by any non eviction mandate...that's not what the mandate was meant for. Same goes for anybody who is capable of paying their rent and isn't...

That's the problem with so very many politicians...they just don't think things through...if you are going to give them X amount of money sufficient to live on, there's no need for a non eviction mandate.
Mace is exactly why so much of the Federal Money money appropriated for RENTAL ASSISTANCE has not be utilized. Dead Beats could not QUALIFY FOR IT. They wanted it as free money.

JerryBob

Peanut Gallery
Maybe we should nail the doors shut and torch the rentals......two birds with one stone?????.