Why is it OK to Desecrate the Flag?

Diggin_It!

Regular
Buggs over there is bugging the tar out of me with that blue line thing. It's considered divisive enough by some departments that they won't let their people display it.

Diggin_It!

Regular
Buggs bugs me.

PRNDL

Social Butterfly
Maybe I can show you something more to your pleasing. Look Left.

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
Buggs bugs me.

You find the blue line flag to be a desecration? How about all the other groups adding their colors?

Mace Canute

Blabbermouth
Top Poster Of Month
The SCOTUS say it is...do you homework dumbass.

A flag is just a piece of cloth with a pattern...a symbol...that's all. To venerate it like some people do is beyond rational and has delved into the world of religious fanaticism...
What the flag symbolizes is a completely different thing...and all too often the people who venerate it are the ones who ignore those principles.

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth
A flag is just a piece of cloth with a pattern...a symbol...that's all. To venerate it like some people do is beyond rational and has delved into the world of religious fanaticism...
What the flag symbolizes is a completely different thing...and all too often the people who venerate it are the ones who ignore those principles.
YOU .. really don't have a clue .. do you?

Gator6x4

TNTeenager
That ^^^^^^ is NOT right . . .
But it is the recommended way to properly dispose of a American Flag that has been taken out of service.

"According to the U.S. Flag Code, “The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning”

US Flag Code:

Schrute Farm

TNTeenager
But it is the recommended way to properly dispose of a American Flag that has been taken out of service.

"According to the U.S. Flag Code, “The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning”

US Flag Code:

I'm surprised that as a former serviceman you believe that's the correct way to honor our flag. We all know that's not how the VFW burns it. Do you think they stomp on it as well while burning it?

lostcreekranch

Blabbermouth